Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gotcha Day!

We got on the bus at 9:00. The tension in the air was thick. All of our hearts and minds were full as we wondered what the next hour or two would hold. As we pulled into the parking lot of the registration building, Yisha, our guide, said that some of the children had already arrived. I looked up and saw a little guy walking with a nanny. I knew it was Joshua. I was not prepared for the wave of emotion that engulfed me when I saw him. I could tell he was crying and the nanny was trying to comfort him. Isaac was there, too. I could see his fuzzy little head. We jumped off the bus and rushed up to Joshua. He was sitting on a couch trying so hard to be brave. Tears were just streaming down his face. Andy sat down beside him and he let him hug him and wipe his tears. Meanwhile, Isaac was just walking around the room. We brought him over to us and gave him candy, but I don't think he understood what was happening. After a few minutes, the boys and Andy were able to make Joshua laugh. We had some Model Magic dough. The boys put it up to their noses and pretended to sneeze it out. I guess boys are boys in every culture because he thought that was very funny. He had some snacks with him that seemed to help him, too. About the time that Joshua was settling down, Isaac realized that his nanny had left and he fell apart. He was really upset. He was arching his back and trying very hard to get away from us. Finally Andy took him outside and he began to settle down. By the time we got back on the bus, both of the boys were calm. I was awed and amazed at how well they did. I cannot even begin to imagine the anxiety and grief that they must have felt.

When we got back to the hotel, we went to the Chinese restaurant in the hotel. They put us in a private room with Tim and Jen which was perfect for that moment. It gave us some time to meet physical needs in a peaceful and quiet place. The room was neat. It had a couch and coffee table on a raised platform and then the eating table with chairs all around.










The boys amaze me with their bravery and courage. They both have such open hearts toward us. We know this is a gracious answer to many prayers that have been raised on their behalf. God has been so gracious and merciful to us. Thank you so much for all of your prayers on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment